USB via Ethernet Connector lets you use the command line options to automate USB device sharing. The command line options are available for all license types.
For an example of how to share and connect a device using the terminal, please refer to this FAQ.
USB Network Gate terminal parameters are as follows:
- add – add a remote USB port
- break – force disconnect client from a local USB port
- break_remote – force disconnect client from a remote USB port
- connect [password] – connect to a remote USB port, reconnect on error
- connect_once [password] – connect to a remote USB port, do not reconnect on error
- daemon – ‘reload’ has the same effect as kill -SIGHUP, ‘stop’ will terminate the daemon
- disconnect – disconnect from a remote USB port
- explore host1 [host2 …] – list shared USB ports on the given host(s)
- help – invoke general help
- license [key] – register your copy of USB Network Gate
- loglevel – invoke loglevel notice
- ls – USB ports list
○ ls local – local USB ports.
○ ls shared – shared USB ports
○ ls remote – remote USB ports on localhost
○ ls net – shared USB ports on network
- rm – delete a remote USB device from the list of connected devices on the client
- share - share local USB port on given tcp_port if reverse_host is empty or permanently try to connect to the client on reverse_host:tcp_port
- unshare | all – unshare local USB port or all ports
- version – show eveusb version
- license – show license status or change license type
- wait – wait for the daemon reply
Note: eveusbc should be placed into bin catalog: /opt/ElectronicTeam/eveusb/bin/. The library is placed in /opt/ElectronicTeam/eveusb/lib.